War of the Roses Abridged
A ROLLICKING SLIDE THROUGH ONE OF THE BLOODIEST PERIODS OF BRITISH HISTORY
Richard Atkinson believes passionately that those issues which dominate society today have not really
moved far from their 15th century equivalents.
Sliding through the Wars of the Roses, he will highlight the key players, attempt to explain their motives
and look at how things might have turned out. Richard is reliant on his tech savvy children to assist with
the compilation of the talk, a recipe for mix ups and misinformation.
With an eye for humour in the darkest hours and the downright bizarre, Richard aims to examine
whether fun does help recall the facts. A history lecture like no other that has been specially written to be
performed at the 2018 Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Come and listen to Edinburgh’s most educational show, it’s more E4 than BBC4 but the facts are all in
there! If nothing else you could just learn a fact that could swing a pub quiz tie breaker or save you using a
lifeline on “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”
Events Central C.I.C. was set up in 2010 by a team of individuals who had joined together to create some fantastic productions in aid of the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.
The ethos of the company is to create something spectacular that lasts long in the memory.
Events Central C.I.C. has a clear mission:
To entertain people by organising high class events for people to enjoy but also to engage them in the arts.
This is achieved by:
- Selecting innovative and high quality venues in which to host performances. (this may be in non theatre buildings and in areas not always host to top artistic productions)
- Working with established and breakthrough artists of the highest calibre.
- Wherever possible linking schools and youth groups to performances enabling the stars of tomorrow to develop their performance skills alongside established artists.
- Combining styles and artists to create a show that is unique for the audience.
- Developing sustainable brands that are a synonymous with artistic experiences of the highest quality.
Charitable aims remain at the core of the company principles and the creation
of community interest status cements this into the objectives of the company.
Please complete our mailing list sign-up form below to keep up to date with all the latest news, events and other exciting information we have to share!
© 2018 Events Central. All rights reserved.
Company Registration: 07237588 Events Central CIC.